Monday 18 February 2013

Outback Adventures


So for something completely different, I thought I’d share some pictures of the non-writing side of my lifeJ I live in Australia, and in my “real life” job once or twice a year I get to travel out of the city and into some of the more remote – and beautiful – places of my country. While I love travelling overseas and seeing different countries and cultures, there’s something out the Australian Outback that I just can never let go of, it’s ingrained deeply into my heart and soul and I can't imagine living permanently in any other place.
I’ve seen sunrises to die for:
 
 
 
 
 and been to beaches that could grace any magazine cover and make you just crave to feel the sun on your face and sand between your toes:
 
 
 
 
 
 Most recently I’ve been to more traditional Outback Australia both the scrub near the Blue Mountains:
 
 
 
 
and also into our gorgeous Red Centre:
 
 
 
 
 
While I know as a country we’re kinda in the middle of nowhere, difficult and expensive to get to – I hope some of these pictures can whet your appetite and give you a tantalising glimpse of just what a stunning variety of landscapes we have, and how overpowering the beauty of my land can be.

And hey - feel free to check out my Agency series over at Total E-Bound or my Urban Seductions series over at Ellora's Cave
 
Elizabeth Lapthorne
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures Elizabeth, you've certainly whet my appetite for a down under visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Sounds awesome - and yes, it truly is that beautiful and more :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Unleash your inner vixen and comment today!