Wednesday 18 December 2013

Surprising Headlines and Spanx Wars!


Hello everyone!
My name is Donna Gallagher and I’m thrilled to have been invited to join the Outrageous Girls Blog. I hail from Australia – the land downunder, where Christmas is hot and the surf lifesavers are even hotter.
 
 
I only started writing erotic romance a few years ago but have been reading romance forever. The tag on my twitter feed sums me up perfectly, Love my family, footy, PBR, baseball- actually, just about all sport! So it’s not really a surprise that I write sports romance books.

I thought for my inaugural post instead of just spruiking my League of Love series I would tell you all about something I stumbled across recently. Now, it’s not every day that you share a headline with Tom Hanks and Kim Kardashian but that’s exactly what happened to me.

“Tom Hanks’ awesome photo bomb, a Spanx war and rugby league romance novels.”

Unfortunately, I wasn’t aware of the post at the time and the whole article is a bit trashy – quite outrageous really. Still any publicity is good publicity or so they say. The ‘Fluff’ story was posted on an Aussie internet magazine site back in March 2013 and judging by some of the comments that have been made the journalist didn’t check her facts very well.

To give you a little background on Mamamia the editor/owner is what is known these days as a ‘social commentator’ but I’ve listened to her a few times on various morning television shows and she changes her opinion on subjects more often than my fifteen year old changes his mind on what he wants to be when he grows up. I only found the article by chance. I was doing a search, yes I ‘googled myself’, to check out how many pirate sites were giving away my books for free – bane of an author’s life. (That’s a rant for another day.) At first I wondered why this page was showing up. It took me a few minutes to see the rugby league romance bit.

It gave me a giggle though and as it linked to my website maybe I even sold a book or two because of it. I particularly like the comment from Anonymous “Rugby league erotica, ahem romance???? Is nothing sacred? It might be so bad i have to read to find out.....” I wonder if Anonymous ever did?

Here is the link to the page if you want to take a look.


 

http://www.donnagallagherromance.com


I

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Donna! Spruiking? I love it! :D
    I hope anonymous did check out your books. It is one fantastic series to get hooked on.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HK :)
      OMG! Now I'm worried, I know what 'spruiking' means in Aussie speak I hope it means the same thing to you? Lol!

      Delete
  2. So happy that you've joined us, Donna, and are all set to be completely Outrageous.

    Lily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily, glad to be here.

      I find being Outrageous at my age is totally acceptable ;)

      Delete

Unleash your inner vixen and comment today!