Wednesday 30 October 2013

A True Ghost Story for Halloween

I Believe

I don’t have to see it, to believe it. Until someone proves to me that Bigfoot doesn’t roam the mountains in the northeast, we just haven’t found him yet. Until someone proves to me that there isn’t such a thing as aliens, I believe there’s other worlds out there in our galaxy. I believe people have seen UFOs. Until someone proves to me that ghosts don’t exist, I believe something does because I’ve personally had an experience. I believe we don’t die, but leave our bodies behind, while our souls move on to another dimension, and that the dead communicate to us in different ways. Until someone proves to me that there’s no such thing as mermaids, I believe there’s a lot of unidentified life living unknown in our vast oceans.

I believe that anything is possible. Maybe that’s the writer in me, maybe I’m a little bit crazy, but I like believing there are things out there that we haven’t discovered yet. Mysterious, wondrous things that are just waiting to be found, explored, and appreciated. I think we all have a little something that we are on the very brink of believing in, and ask ourselves, I wonder…

My late soul-mate and I lived in a house once, that we both firmly believed housed the spirit of a prior tenant who passed away there. While we were both experiencing different occurrences, we kept it to ourselves because, one, Earl didn’t share with me because he didn’t believe in that kind of thing, and two, I didn’t share with him for the same reasons. While I saw things, he heard things. I also experienced doors being closed, lights coming on, and a picture of Earl and me being turned over face down several times. Most of my occurrences happened in our bedroom.

After a few months Earl asked me if I’d been experiencing anything unusual. I was so relieved, because I’d convinced myself it was all in my head. We shared, and then I knew something was in that house with us. The most frightening episodes for me happened on two different nights after I’d gone to bed. You know how when someone comes to bed with you, and you roll as the bed dips with their weight? That’s what happened to me. It woke me, and thinking Earl had come to bed, I reached over, expecting to feel him, and nothing was there. On another night, again after I’d gone to bed, I felt a presence near me. When I opened my eyes I saw the white outline of a man standing over me. It only lasted a second.

We never sensed any danger from this, ghost, for lack of a better word. We even named him Henry. When we moved, Henry did not go with us. Before Earl passed, he used to tease me that he was going to come back and haunt me, but do you know, it’s been over a year and I haven’t seen that old fool once? I think he must be busy.

Does Halloween make you think of the paranormal? Ghosts, witches, and goblins? My preference is werewolves, shifters, and vampires. I’ve begun a couple shifter romances, and recently finished my first erotic paranormal, The Mating Ritual. It will be out on 11/15 at Amazon and Smashwords.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Unleash your inner vixen and comment today!