Monday 23 September 2013

Two Golden Rules When Writing Romance

You don't kill off the hero, and you have a happy ending, or at least a happily for now ending. Don't you agree? If you're reading fiction, and it's a romance, wouldn't you expect it to end happily? I would. I read romances to feel good.

Not too long ago I read an erotic, Viking romance. For the most part I liked the story, yet it wasn't erotic by any means. The sex was good, but there wasn't enough of it. Then there was the problem with the ending. The author killed off the hero, leaving his lady love alone, and pregnant.

I was so pissed! I didn't see it coming. And my disappointment was reflected in my review. Once the hero was killed off that was it for me. As far as I was concerned it ruined the whole romance. Looking at the other reviews, it was clear others felt the same way.

So let this be a warning my friends, you won't be reading any books written by me that ends with a dead hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unleash your inner vixen and comment today!